- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Contact Us
- Current Events
The University of Southern Indiana’s Counseling Center invites applicants for an Assistant Director.
Essential functions include:
• Evaluate mental, emotional and behavioral health
• Provide therapy/counseling on an individual and/or group basis
• Triage and evaluate mental health crises
• Document all clinical contacts and services
• Coordinate the outreach and training activities of the Counseling Center
• Supervise designated staff and serves as resource to the staff of the Counseling Center and the University community
• Provide assistance to the Director with the strategic vision and leadership of the Counseling Center
• Manage the office in the Director’s absence
Essential knowledge & skills:
• Graduate degree in psychology, social work, mental health counseling, marriage and family therapy or other relevant mental health profession. Doctoral degree is preferred. Must be licensed to practice clinically and have 2 years’ experience post degree (4 years at the master’s level).
• Must have training and experience as a generalist, but will also have developed specialized skills for working with certain populations or presenting concerns.
• Strong knowledge of mental health theory, research and practice.
• Demonstrated creativity in developing educational programs involving students, faculty and staff.
• Demonstrated ability to plan, advertise, implement and evaluate outreach programming.
• Must be responsive to a high demand for services while managing unexpected crisis situations. • Special skills and experience relevant to substance abuse, group therapy, and/or diversity is desirable.
To apply, please follow the directions on our www.usi.edu/hr/employment page to log in or set up an account. When you select the Apply to this Job link near the top of this page, you will be prompted to complete the appropriate Faculty/Administration application. When completing the application, you will be given the opportunity to attach the additional documents required for this position that include letter of application; current curriculum vitae; names and full contact information (including e-mail addresses) for three (3) professional references; and unofficial transcripts. Materials should be provided electronically within this web-based applicant system and to the attention of Dr. B. Thomas Longwell, Search Committee Chair. Candidates selected for interview will also be required to provide official transcripts at a later stage.
This advertisement will run concurrently with Staff Counselor/Psychologist, Counseling Center – A18031A1. However, only one position exists and only one candidate will be hired between the two advertisements. Prospective candidates should apply to the listing that most closely aligns with their essential knowledge and skills.