- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Contact Us
- Current Events
The University of Southern Indiana’s Counseling Center invites applicants for a Staff Counselor/Psychologist (Emphasis: Outreach).
• Evaluate mental, emotional and behavioral health
• Provide therapy/counseling on an individual and/or group basis
• Triage and evaluate mental health crises
• Document all clinical contacts and services
• Coordinate the outreach activities of the Counseling Center
Essential knowledge and skills:
• Master’s (or doctoral degree) in psychology, counseling, social work or other related human services area is required. Must be licensed (or eligible for licensure within an agreed upon period of time) as a psychologist, clinical social worker, mental health counselor, or marriage and family therapist in the state of Indiana.
• Must have training and experience as a generalist, but will also have developed specialized skills for working with certain populations or presenting concerns.
• Strong knowledge of mental health theory, research and practice.
• Demonstrated skills in assessment and treatment of multiple presenting concerns, diagnoses and degrees of pathology.
• Strong knowledge of mental health law and professional ethical codes.
• Demonstrated creativity in developing educational programs involving students, faculty and staff.
• Must be responsive to a high demand for services while managing unexpected crisis situations.
To apply, please follow the directions on our www.usi.edu/hr/employment page to log in or set up an account. When you select the Apply to this Job link near the top of this page, you will be prompted to complete the appropriate Faculty/Administration application. When completing the application, you will be given the opportunity to attach the additional documents required for this position that include letter of application; current curriculum vitae; names and full contact information (including e-mail addresses) for three (3) professional references; and unofficial transcripts. Materials should be provided electronically within this web-based applicant system and to the attention of Dr. B. Thomas Longwell, Search Committee Chair. Candidates selected for interview will also be required to provide official transcripts at a later stage.
This advertisement will run concurrently with Assistant Director, Counseling Center – A18030A1. However, only one position exists and only one candidate will be hired between the two advertisements. Prospective candidates should apply to the listing that most closely aligns with their essential knowledge and skills.