Oct 10, 2018
A mid level Federal job at the GS 9 level in evaluation at the General Services Administration, Wash DC.
Deadline: October 19
General Services Administration The position is located in the Office of Evaluation Sciences. OES is an interdisciplinary team of experts within the Federal government, housed at the U.S. General Services Administration, responsible for translating and testing evidence-based insights into concrete recommendations for how to improve government. The team has a diverse scientific background, drawn from fields such as psychology, economics, and statistics, and brings experience testing program impacts in complex settings. Team members work across government to provide end-to-end support in the design of an evidence-based program change and test to measure impact Location of Position: Washington DC What We Offer: Orientation designed to help you transition to your new career Mentoring Team-building activities Technical training On-going professional development opportunities. Opportunity for rapid advancement, including potential annual promotions while in your learning stages In addition, you will receive a wide array of benefits, including:
- Multiple health insurance plans & life insurance
- Vacation, sick leave & 10 paid holidays
- Flexible work schedules & telework opportunities
- A monthly transit subsidy
- An outstanding retirement plan
We are currently filling one vacancy, but additional vacancies may be filled as neededDuties
As a Project Management Specialist some of your main roles will include:
- Assisting in the development of an overall communications strategy and plan to increase profile of Office of Evaluation Sciences within the US Federal Government and relevant external communities.
- Assists higher grade specialist with planning annual review of team staff needs, skill sets requiring additional support, optimal OES staffing model and supports HR onboarding.
- Assisting higher grade specialist in supporting OES’ annual budget management.
- Assists with management of team in ensuring the consistency of OES’ external message by managing external speaking and travel, reviewing conference attendance and team member submissions of justifications, overall team travel budget allowances, developing presentations with team members.
QualificationsThe education and/or experience required is based on the duties of the position and level of responsibility. A Human Resources specialist will review your application to determine if you meet these requirements.Salary$56,233 to $73,105 per year. Promotion potential to GS 12