- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Contact Us
- Current Events
1 Year Post-Doctoral Position in Social/Personality/Cultural Psychology at Pompeu Fabra University (Barcelona, Spain), Department of Social and Political Sciences. https://www.upf.edu/
The junior post-doctoral research fellow will work in the project titled "INTERCULTURALISM: Effects on Divergent Thinking and Intergroup Outcomes" under the close supervision of ICREA Professor Veronica Benet-Martinez [https://scholar.google.es/citations?user=tI2CqJsAAAAJ&hl=en&oi=ao]. This project investigates in cultural-majority and -minority populations (1) the interplay of social, personality, identity and cognitive factors in the quality and types of intercultural experience, and (2) whether and how different types of intercultural experiences facilitate vs. hinder two key ingredients of social capital: creative insight and positive intergroup attitudes.
Tasks: Statistical analysis of social network, experimental, and survey data; generating manuscripts for publication; giving presentations at academic and professional meetings; and miscellaneous project-related tasks.
Project and institution that finance the contract
"INTERCULTURALISM: Effects on Divergent Thinking and Intergroup Outcomes" supported by the Spanish Ministry of Science, Innovation and University (Ministerio de Ciencia, Innovación y Universidades) and FEDER
Official number reference:
PSI2016-79300-R (MCIU/AEI/FEDER, UE)
Minimum qualifications for candidates
1. PhD degree in Social or Personality Psychology –or in related subareas of psychology (e.g., cultural, political, socio-developmental psychology). PhD in other social sciences (e.g., management, sociology, economics, political science) might also consider only if candidate has also demonstrated experienced in social behavioral science projects.
2. A very solid background in psychometrics and statistics, including demonstrated expertise in the multivariate statistical analysis of experimental, survey, and, ideally, also social network data.
3. Demonstrated high level of fluency in written academic English by means of first authored published work in international peer-reviewed scientific journals.
4. Ability to work independently on the generation of publications and reports.
The candidate will work 37.5 hours per week, for a duration of 12 months, and starting 01/01/2020 until 31/12/2020, with a gross monthly gross salary of ~1759-2159€ (including Social Security benefits) depending on qualifications and experience.
The contract includes all the benefits of the Spanish public health and social security system, as well as additional financial support for the participation in conferences and scientific meetings.
There will be no teaching obligations but teaching can be arranged if desired by the candidate. The candidate will become a member of RECSM (https://www.upf.edu/web/survey), where she or he will have a work space, and have access to the BES_lab (https://www.upf.edu/web/beslab) and all the campus facilities.
Information on the application process
To apply for this position send the following by October 27 to Dr. VERONICA BENET-MARTINEZ with reference to "PSYCHOLOGY OF INTERCULTURALISM –Postdoctoral Position" in the subject of the email:
1. A letter of motivation (max 2 pages) explaining how candidate fulfills each of the 4 qualifications mentioned in job description.
2. A copy of CV
PLEASE ABSTAIN FROM CONTACTING DR. BENET-MARTINEZ IF YOU DON'T FULFILL ALL THE ABOVE QUALIFICATIONS.
Deadline to submit applications: October 27, 2019