To promote awareness of rural issues through best practise, and to provide a network of communication for researchers, students and faculty, and community organizations to support action to foster the empowerment of rural communities.
- To share knowledge amongst students & faculty, researchers, and community organizations, creating and supporting a community of practice;
- To establish and maintain a networked system of open dialog, providing the scope for conversation on critical and contemporary rural issues;
- To promote global dialog across borders, sharing commonalities and differences across regions.
- Join our Listserv/Google Group by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Participate in group discussions via zoom
- Contact our co-chairs about leading Rural IG activities
- Write for the rural interest group column in The Community Psychologist or contribute to the rural content posted on communitypsychology.org
- Share your research/practice/policy/resources with the Rural IG community
Please contact the Rural Interest Group's Co-Chairs Melissa Cianfrini and Suzanne Phillips with any questions.