- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Contact Us
- Current Events
The Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies (ABCT, www.abct.org) invites applications for a Director of Outreach and Partnerships, with a likely start date in summer 2014. This full-time position with competitive salary and benefits reports to the Executive Director. ABCT is a 4,600 member-strong professional organization committed to the advancement of scientific approaches to the understanding and improvement of human functioning. Responsibilities include the development, implementation, and coordination of membership growth and retention strategies; building partnerships with other professional and allied organizations to advocate for and advance shared goals such as federal funding for behavioral research, recognition/funding of evidence-based approaches to prevention and treatment; and advancing ABCT’s dissemination goals. The successful candidate will be outgoing, dynamic, collaborative, and energetic; possess excellent communication skills and passion for the mission of ABCT; and be able to represent ABCT well to diverse constituents.
1. Doctoral degree in psychology or related field + > five years’ experience
2. Licensed or license-eligible
3. Knowledge and passion about ABCT: cognitive-behavioral orientation and commitment to science and evidence-based principles
4. Willingness to work in NYC
1. Experience with professional organizations
2. Experience with outreach, membership, and marketing
3. Expertise in public policy related to behavioral health and an appreciation of the political issues and participants affecting behavioral health care
4. Experience building partnerships
5. Experience with information technology including social media
6. An academic background in population-based approaches to dissemination (e.g., MPH)
ABCT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Send CV, contact information for five references, and a letter addressing the alignment of your experience with the qualifications to DirectorofOutreach@abct.org . Review of applications will begin on March 24, 2014 and continue until the position is filled.