- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Contact Us
- Current Events
Nebraska Center for Research on Children, Youth, Families, and Schools (CYFS)
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
The Postdoctoral Associate will work in Dr. Katie Edwards’ Interpersonal Violence Research Laboratory (IVRL), housed within the Nebraska Center for Research on Children, Youth, Families, and Schools (CYFS). The mission of the IVRL is to develop, implement, and evaluate prevention and intervention efforts for partner and sexual violence. The Postdoctoral Associate will be expected to conduct original research in addition to working with Dr. Edwards and other IVRL members to write and submit grants, publish papers in high-impact journals, assist with project management, contribute to the development and evaluation of prevention and intervention initiatives, and assist with the mentorship of undergraduate and graduate students. The position is ideal for individuals wishing to ultimately pursue a faculty position at a research-intensive university.
• Ph.D. in psychology, sociology, public health, social work, family studies, criminology, or a related field.
• Successful history of scholarly dissemination efforts as evidenced by at least one first-author peer-reviewed journal article.
• Experience mentoring undergraduate and/or graduate students within a research laboratory setting.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the field of violence prevention and intervention.
• Experience writing federal and/or foundation grants.
• Experience developing, implementing, and/or evaluating violence prevention and/or intervention initiatives.
To view complete position details and to apply, visit http://employment.unl.edu, requisition F_200035. Click “Apply to this job” and complete the information form. Attach the following documents; 1) letter of application with brief narrative addressing qualifications for the position; 2) curriculum vita; 3) contact information for three professional references; and 4) provide up to three samples of scholarly publications, with at least one being a first author publication. Combine publications into one document and attach as “Other Document.”
For more information, please contact Dr. Katie Edwards, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications will begin on March 26, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled or the search closed.
As an EO/AA employer, qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation. See http://www.unl.edu/equity/notice-nondiscrimination.