- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Contact Us
- Current Events
Philadelphia Youth Basketball, Inc. (PYB) was officially launched in June, 2015, with a mission to create transformative opportunities for thousands of young people, especially those from under-resourced families and communities, to reach their full potential as students, athletes, and positive leaders. A diverse and impassioned group of individuals, including leaders from the grass-roots to the tree-tops, have been working diligently to execute upon this mission by building an impactful program, a robust and sustainable organization, and ultimately a state-of-the-art youth basketball and education center to enable us to provide empowering experiences to many more children, youth, and families.
Primary Scope of Duties
The Impact and Evaluation Manager is central in collecting and analyzing data needed to tell the story of PYB. Specific roles and responsibilities include:
● Data Collection, Measurement, and Evaluation
○ Assume the lead in the implementation and management of key performance measurement tools such as Hello Insight, Survey Monkey and interviews.
○ Lead the design and management of a central database and/or dashboard to collect and track program performance data.
○ Run analyses of evaluation data to inform program improvement.
○ Be the lead for the design and implementation of new evaluation strategies.
○ Collaborate with all parts of PYB, including Development, Marketing, and Program. ○ Create reports to share program outcomes with staff, board, funders and other stakeholders.
● Using Data to Inform Program Design
○ Lead the development and/or refinement of logic models for programs offered by PYB. ○ Conducting literature reviews to identify best practices as program areas are launched. ○ Share data with program leaders to inform program management and improvement. ● Staff Training
○ Train staff to collect data needed for program evaluation.
○ Share program logic models to assist staff in understanding the link between program activities and outcomes.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Dispositions
● Three to five years of experience in program evaluation, data analysis, and the development of mechanisms to share evaluation findings with program stakeholders.
● A demonstrated interest in social impact.
● Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to tailor messages to internal and external program stakeholders.
● Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
● Attention to detail, strong work ethic, and commitment to excellence.
● Comfort working with diverse communities.
● Ability to manage time efficiently.
● Master’s degree in education, public health or social science preferred, bachelor's degree required.
Compensation and Perks
This position will have a salary range of $50,000 - $60,000 commensurate with experience. There will be potential for a modest annual bonus and a double-digit percentage salary increase, based upon individual job performance and organizational growth.
Company benefits include 401(k) deferred contribution plan, paid holidays, and time off. Employer provided retirement contributions will not be included. Health benefits are provided to salaried employees (not spouses or children) who do not have access to health coverage under the plan of a parent or guardian under the Affordable Care Act.
PYB is a supportive workplace dedicated to employees’ personal and professional growth. We provide mentorship, feedback, and professional development opportunities. Staff are challenged through stretch assignments, access to other staff, and involvement with the board and its meetings.
Job applications are rolling and applicants should send their cover letter and resume to the attention of:
Office of Human Resources
Human Resources Manager