- Who We Are
- What We Do
- Contact Us
- Current Events
The Department of Counseling, Educational Psychology and Research at the University of Memphis seeks a full-time, 9-month, Assistant Professor of Teaching in Educational Psychology, with an emphasis on teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in developmental science, beginning August 21, 2023 (Position # 009800). This position is responsible for teaching students from the College of Education and the other colleges across the University, with an emphasis on child, adolescent, adult, and life-span development. This responsibility involves teaching online and on-campus during the same semester. Responsibilities for this position will include, but not be limited to: (1) providing supervision and coordinating our graduate teaching assistants, and (2) serving on department or program committees, as needed.
• An earned doctorate (obtained by August 1, 2023) in Educational Psychology, Human Development, or a closely related field
• Demonstrated expertise in life-span human development with adequate preparation for teaching child, adolescent, or adult development in educational, societal, and cultural contexts
• Experience with online learning systems
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
• Evidence of teaching excellence both online and on campus
• Evidence of working with diverse students
• Evidence of research competence and strong academic writing skills
• Evidence of mentoring graduate students on teaching using best practices in face to face and online modalities
Review of applications will begin on Friday, September 22, 2022, and will continue until the position is filled. The department welcomes applicants with diverse and interdisciplinary backgrounds. Applications are to be submitted electronically at https://workforum.memphis.edu.
Applicants are required to upload (1) a cover letter, (2) a statement of teaching experience and philosophy, (3) a curriculum vitae, and (4) contact information of three references. Applicants will receive a confirmation number when all application materials are submitted. Letters of reference and official transcripts will be requested upon interview. Address inquiries and nominations to Dr. Yeh Hsueh, email@example.com or the department office (901) 678-2841.